UAM CorpusTool version 3.2
Version 3 of UAMCT offers substantial improvements over version 2.8, particularly in terms of automatic syntactic annotation
(mainly for English and French) and part-of-speech tagging (using TreeTagger or Stanford tagger, 20 languages handled).
Version 3.2 is the stable release:
- POS tagging provided for around 20 languages.
- Syntactic tagging for French (via Stanford Parser)
- New Search interface using CQL (Corpus Query Language)
If you have any issues with the release, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is release of 3.2j (11th November, 2015). It fixes a bug with POS tagging files in languages other than English in 3.2f.
Documentation is almost totally lacking, although look at the Release Notes for description of
new features, and also the tutorial for getting started here.
Want an older version? Click here.
Do you need something else
- Windows Users:
- Microsoft Vcredist: From version 2.7 on, you may need to install the following software from Microsoft
here. This is only needed if, after installing, the application fails to launch.
- Java Run Time: if you want to use the automatic parser (English only), you will need Java installed on your machine. This can be obtained from: here. Note: most machines will have this already installed.
- Windows user of lab machines: if you have trouble installing UAM CorpusTool due to install restrictions, try this version, unzips on your desktop or pen drive.
- MacOSX Users:
- Due to Apple's overly strong security policies, it has become difficult
for anyone to distribute applications on Macintosh without paying
Apple $100 per year.
After installing CorpusTool on a Mac running Mountail Lion or
beyond, the first time you try to run UAM CorpusTool, you may be
told the software cannot be installed because it is from an
To get around this problem, you can do the following:
- Find UAM CorpusTool in the finder.
- Right Click on the application (control-click if you have
an older mac).
- Select "Open".
- A window shoud appear appear saying "UAM CorpusTool is from
an unidentified developer. Do you want to open it?" Click on
- After this, other attempts to open UAMCT should open it in the normal
Release Notes for current version
Download Sample projects
Download the following projects to see what can be done. make sure
the archive is unzipped before you try to load them.
For Seminarios: click Texts, RegisterProj-ct3.zip, Reading,
For Iowa workshop: click here.
For Granada workshop: click here.
UAMCT4 Mac: click here.
How often has CorpusTool been downloaded? (since 1st Feb 2007)